FREE SHIPPING on all professional books
Kristin has been teaching and conferring with writers for over twelve years. As a literacy coach, teacher, presenter, consultant, and writer, she is passionate about reading and writing. Kristin has taught in Title 1 schools in both Florida and Georgia as well as an independent school in Florida. Kristin has worked with students and teachers in grades K-5. She has attended both the Summer Institutes and Nonfiction trainings through Columbia University’s Reading and Writing Project with Lucy Calkins. She has presented at National Council for Teachers of English and the Florida Council of Independent Schools, and she consults for Staff Development for Educators on reading and writing topics. Kristin has also contributed articles for TheDailyCafe.com.
Kristin lives in North Palm Beach, Florida, with her husband and two kids. She spends her weekends doing yard work, running, and playing on the boat with her family and her black lab.
Beyond the Book
If you’d like to book Kristin for your school or district’s next PD, email email@example.com to consult with our PD Specialist or click the blue “Book This Author” icon.
- More than Talk: Readers Can Grow When They Learn how to Effectively Manage Partnerships (Grades K–5)
- Reluctant Writers: What to Do When You Don’t Know What to Do (Grades K–5)
- Guiding Writers using Intentional and Focused Conferring (Grades K–5)
- Infuse Wonder into Nonfiction Reading and Writing (Grades K–5)
- Doable Revision Strategies for Writers (Grades K–5)
- Mentor Texts...The Other Teacher in Your Room (Grades K–5)